Atiku Reacts To Bank PHB Allegations From Lai Mohammed
Former Vice President and Current PDP Presidential Candidate, Atiku Abubakar has reacted to a recent allegation levelled against him by the Federal Government.
On Friday, Nigeria’s Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed revealed that Atiku had a case to answer upon his return to Nigeria over the collapse of Platinum Habib Bank also known as Bank PHB.
Reacting to the development, Atiku in a statement issued on the same day dismissed Mohammed’s comments as a ‘rooster and Bull Story”.
“It is disgusting to continue to spin allegations of corruption against me by people who have failed to come forward with a single shred of evidence of my misconduct while in office. Isn’t it a shame that the ruling party whose National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole only yesterday gave official confirmation to the general belief that, even if Lawrence Anini becomes an APC member today, Buhari will forgive and consecrate him can turn around to accuse me of corruption today?
”They just suddenly woke up to the reality that, their lies about Atiku being corrupt can no longer hold? I challenge the federal government to come up with evidence that I benefitted from N156 million slush funds through Claremont Management Services Account on 13th January, 2009 as well as the collapse of Bank PHB as they have alleged.
”It is instructive to note that, the same BankPHB is now Keystone bank which was said to have been acquired Buhari’s cronies through AMCON last year,” Atiku said.