Armed Robbery Gang Arrested In Kwara. See How They Hid Their Guns.
Operatives of the IGP Intelligence Response Team (IRT) deployed to Kwara State and responsible for the arrest of the deadly Offa bank robbers – have arrested another notorious gang of robbers following complaints from residents of Ilorin, Kwara State on incessant filling station robberies and car snatchings within the state.
The suspects who were arrested are;
1) James Obaje 34Yrs Native of Dekina LGA of Kogi State. His confession led to the arrest of other gang members namely
2) Nelson Yakubu 36Yrs Native of Dekina LGA of Kogi State The Gang Leader also key lieutenant of the Notorious Zakari Yau Kingpin of Criminals and Killers in Kogi State earlier arrested by IRT.
3) Yakubu Danladi 27yrs Native of Anpka LGA of Kogi State.
4) Ibrahim Mutari 25yrs Native of Dekina LGA of Kogi State.
5) Suleiman Ilo 35yrs native of Omala LGA of Kogi State.
6) Gboyega Olaoye Age 35yrs native of Ekiti Kwara LGA, Kwara State were all arrested Within Kwara, Kaduna and Kogi States.
Arrested Suspects confessed to several Armed robberies, Bank Robberies, Petrol filling Station Robberies and Car Snatchings within Kaduna, Kwara, FCT and Kogi State. Also, Recovered are their Operational Weapons which includes (3)three AK47 Rifles, (1) One K2 rifle and (1) one pump action.
Serial numbers of the Rifles are KO349815, KO349265, 59476, 301035 and one with defaced Serial number respectively, 311 rounds of 7.62mm Live Ammunition, 286 rounds of 5.56mm Live Ammunition, Operational vehicle one Blue Mazda 626 with registration number KEY627DS Used for their operations with the Rifles found hidden inside the Engine Compartment of the Mazda Car, Charms and several vehicle plate numbers were also recovered from Suspects.